by Fumio Tomisawa
This is my Moebius 1/32 Viper Mk2. Main modifications are:
- I used retailing resin detail-up parts for 1/32 A-7 Corsair II (late version) to get reality for analog-controlled figther. (The cockpit for F-16 "Viper" is too wide....)
- Modified the intake shape (adding a boundary layer separator)
- Added details of turbo-thruster to the center of the engine nozzles.
- Added details to all RCS nozzles, and a catapault hook.
- Replaced the KEW muzzles with a brass pipe combination
- Carved panel lines.
- Scratchbuilt engines from my junk-tank-wheels and WL parts.
- Added details of MAG-LOCK and hovering nozzles to the landing skids, etc.....
All added nozzles are from Kotobukiya and Wave detail-up parts for anime models. I weathered the kit with Tamiya weathering masters and pencil. It took about 130hrs to complete.
Image: Upper/left view
Image: New cockpit vs. the kit's
Image: Fuselage together
Image: New engine detail
Image: Upgrades to kit parts