Reader reviews of a kit featured on Starship Modeler.
Your Two Cents: Northstar Enterprise (refit)/Enterprise-A
| The following are reader's opinions of the Northstar Enterprise (refit)/Enterprise-A made by Northstar/DeBoer Hulls.
|| Louis Lasalle
|| Jul 24, 2002
Well worth getting.
||While I'm not interested in writing a full review at this time, here are a
few things the reviewer missed:
- The "bolts" (highlighted in red on the studio model) are missing from the
shuttle bay doors.
- The "side panels" beside the hanger doors are modeled from the printed
blueprints, which do not match the studio model. In order to add the blue
sidelights, it will be necessary to sand-down a little raised panel.
- The saucer underside is missing the "extra" pair of panel lines where it
reads "NCC-1701". These were easy to add. I first scribed them with an
X-acto knife and a straight edge, then I "scraped" the X-Acto down the
scribe line at an angle several times. They match the molded scribe lines
- This is a maybe wrong. In some photos, the main gangway on the port side
of the saucer appears to be raised, in others it appears flat. The model's
is "flat, etched into the surface.
- The raised and lowered detail of the impulse deflection crystal is
reversed. However, it does match that of the Reliant. The "impression" is
Go back up
| Starship Modeler Home
| Site Map
This page copyright © 2000 Starship Modeler.
Last updated on 9 May 2007.